Expanding on our work with Students Discover, we will be rolling out several new citizen science-based lesson plans over the next couple of months on our Education page. We’ve focused on global, long-running citizen science projects and have worked closely with educators to create lesson plans aligned to Next Generation Science Standards.
Our goals are simple:
- Engage students in citizen science so they have opportunities to:
- Participate in authentic scientific research.
- Feel ownership over their learning.
- Be part of a growing community of citizen scientists.
- Improve scientific literacy by understanding the process of science rather than just memorizing facts or doing canned science experiments wherein we […]